Best wings on the block!
Season your wings with Backwoods Blackened seasoning and grill at approximately 380 - 400 degrees on lower grate being careful not to burn your wings we just want a nice toasty golden brown appearance for crispness, once you have reached this appearance move your wings to an upper grate and continue to cook at approximately 380 degrees.
While your wings are cooking, add a 1/4 cup of butter to a quarter cup of Backwoods Navajo hot sauce (Habanero / Lime) warm on low to med heat just to melt the butter mixing frequently, add 3/4 teaspoon of corn starch or potato starch to thicken slightly.
Check your wings, they should be dripping with juices, when they are ready add them to a large bowl when pour the sauce over them mix well and enjoy!
Smoked Tennessee Maple & Blackened Ham
- preheat smoker (or oven) to 325 degrees
- Pour 4 - 6 ounces of Smoked Tennessee Maple into a small bowl then add about 4 ounce of crushed pineapple (optional) mix.
- insert cloves into the top of the ham about 1/2 an inch to an inch apart.
- with a brush spread some Smoked Tennessee Maple over ham.
- Shake Backwoods Blackened seasoning/Rub over entire ham
- Place ham in smoker (oven) and cook until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees (about 2 -3 hours) check in multiple areas where the ham is at its thickest.
- Re-coat ham lightly with Smoked Tennessee Maple every 30 minutes re-season with Backwoods Blackened at least 1 more time after re-coating with Smoked Tennessee Maple.